I just wanted to say thank you to those of you who wrote comments about my long posts entitled Are you a godly woman if you use canned spaghetti sauce Part 1, Part 2, Part 3? I was encouraged by your comments and some of your ideas for how you make it work for your family and are able to minister to those around you were helpful for me. I pray that we would continue to learn from each other and grow as godly women in the Lord.
I have mentioned previously about the women's retreat that I had the privilege of attending here in Kathmandu earlier this month and have blogged about some of the things God was showing and teaching me there. Well, there are just a few more I would like to share with you. One of the mornings the main speaker said this:
"Satan does not care about you. He doesn't love you. He wants to kick you when you are down. He has no compassion for you."
Wow. Satan is my enemy. I know that. He is the complete opposite of God and all He stands for. But for some reason when Ms. Bettie said this, it hit me like a ton of bricks. It make me think...does the fact that Satan hates me (and my family, my friends, my co-workers, my neighbors) make me live any differently? Am I daily asking for the Holy Spirit to protect me from Satan's lies and attacks? Am I calling sin: sin and evil: evil, everyday or do I just go about my day without much thought of the fact that there is someone out there that HATES me, that wants everything bad for me and my family, that wants to see me fail, that finds joy in my weaknesses and faults and sin? Am I conscious of the spiritual battle going on around me everyday? Am I prepared for it? Am I tapping completely into the power of Christ, the One who has overcome the world? the One who has power over evil, sin and death?
We are fighting a battle ladies! We have a REAL enemy. Let's not walk blindly through this life, let's put on the full armor and fight with the strength that can only come from Christ: Our amazing God who cares about us, loves us (so much), who wants to lift us up when we are down and who has great mercy, grace and compassion on us!
Summer Ministry
3 weeks ago

No comments:
Post a Comment