The main teacher at the retreat was an AMAZING woman named Bettie. She was 73 years old and FULL of spunk. She had so many wonderful things to say and she even shared her unbelievable testimony with us. During one of the teaching sessions she said,
"Trust what God says to you through your quiet time more than what the world says to you all day long." Wow. It really spoke to me. I have been known to be a people
pleaser and I regard highly what others say about me and my family and our work, etc. It is easy for me to get distracted. To hear God speak so clearly to me about a certain issue or struggle or decision in the morning during my time with Him and then to let the world and those around me sway my feelings on the issue. I often second guess what I heard from the Lord or question if it was just me making something up and I am sure there have been many times that I have gotten a clear answer from God but have made the wrong decision because I listened to what the world was telling me and did not listen to what I know God was speaking to me. I am
definitely not saying that you should not take counsel from the godly men and women that God puts around you...that is not it at all. I am simply saying that if I
know God has spoken to me, even if it sounds a bit "crazy" or different than what I would have liked or expected, then I need to just do it and not analyze about it with others and be creative about how I can not do it and still be obeying.
No comments:
Post a Comment