Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Reign over all my dreams...

During one of our sessions at the ladies retreat, we sang the song, "Lord Reign in Me". I love that song but as I was singing it one line hit me especially hard...reign over all my dreams....You know when you are singing a song that you know (even in worship) and you just get into the routine of singing and don't really realize all that you are saying? Well, that is what happened to me as I sang. I realized that I was asking God to reign over all my dreams (whether I meant it in my heart or not). Was I ready for that? Did I truly mean it? Do I truly want Him to be in control of my dreams, my plans, my future? Wow. It was a lot to take in all at once. Was I truly wanting to give over my reign and let HIM reign in my life? After I thought about it (while I stopped singing for a second and began praying) I realized that YES, of course I want God to reign over EVERYTHING in my life, even when giving control over to Him is not easy. I do have dreams, things I hope will happen some day, some things that are important, others are not, others may even sound silly if I were to list them here but either way, I know that the best person to rule over those dreams is God himself. I do want Him to reign over all my dreams! I want to desire what He wants for me and not what I want for myself.

"Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37:4

No comments: