So lately, I have been realizing all of the crazy things that I have done (some I had to and others I chose to) since becoming a parent in order to care for my children. I thought it would be fun to make a little list of some of the (not so orthodox) things I have done (many of which I said I would NEVER do) since becoming a mom:
- I have chewed up 3 bananas at different times and fed it to Gracie and Keane that way when I have either run out of baby food while we are out or need something to keep them occupied with and it is all I have!
- I have realized that one of the babies has pooped and gone to change their diaper and realized that they only pooped one little nugget and at the same time realized that they were going to get a bath just 30 minutes later so instead of wasting a whole new diaper I have just removed the nugget and put on the old diaper until bath time...I know gross but hey with two in diapers and them costing about 25 cents each...some would call me 'thrifty'!
- I have fed both of my babies in their car seats while driving TWICE...well, I wasn't driving, Ryan was but I was turned around in the car and was feeding them while the car was moving and YES, Kathmandu roads are BUMPY and dirt in many places but you have got to do what you've got to do right? Needless to say, their carseats (and the two of them...) were covered in apples by the end of it but they were full and happy!
- I have eaten and tasted all of their baby foods and formula on different occassions to make sure the temperture of the food was ok or to unclog the bottle. I know it might not seem like that big of a deal but formula is GROSS!
- I have used girl bibs on Keane and boy bibs on Gracie, purple pacifiers for Keane, pink blankets for Keane, blue (obviously boy blankets) for Gracie...It may not seem like a big deal but it was something I said I would NEVER do before having children.
- I have had one of the babies spit up ALL over me after I have been dressed and been ready to go and have just washed the spot with some water or wet wipes and WORN THE SAME SHIRT! Gross...who does that?
- I have caught their spit up IN MY HAND to make sure that it did not land on the couch or my pants.
- I have blocked Keane's pee from getting on me and all over the place with my hand before a bath or while his diaper is off.
I am sure there are a ton more. Right now I can't think of any...I would LOVE to hear some of yours! Please leave a comment and share some the crazy (desperate) things you have done since becoming a parent. I will try to post my favorites on my blog in another post!

4 comments:
We have done all of the things you mentioned too--except tasting the food. Most of it I eat cause it's the same as what we eat just pureed, but I can't bring myself to the jars of baby food--stinky or breast milk--just weird.
I've also let Sarala "potty" in some of the craziest places cause we were so far from a bathroom or the boys were already bucked in their seats and I couldn't leave them alone. crazy places being right in the parking lot or in someone's yard while on a walk. thankfully she can hold it much longer now.
I have let Sarala run around in wet underwear cause we didn't have a change of clothes and we were super far away from home and with her friends. We continued our day and went to lunch still before getting home and changing. It was our little secret. I really try to be better about a change of clothes, but most of the time I'm assuming and hoping we won't have any accidents.
we "clean" pacifiers off with our own mouths before giving them back to the babies.
Our kids have gone about 5 days before without baths because of such crazy schedules. (they needed them badly too!!!)
I have so many more I'm sure.
Brandy-
Those are awesome. I do the pacifier thing too...it is so gross but hey...you do what you have to right? Thanks for sharing. It is fun to hear about all the crazy things we have to do sometimes as moms. I hope you are doing well. I tried to find a link to your blog but couldn't. Talk to you soon!
Okay so i think i have done almost all of these...since living in Nepal that is. But i think the two things i have done with my children are, eating already chewed up food because i had no where to thror it away and eating stuff that people are trying to feed my babies even when i have no idea what it is. Both of these are always nasty!
our blog is gainors.blogspot.com
enjoy!
I'm pondering much about your first post of 3. I look forward to reading the rest and will same my comment (s) til you are done. Thanks for sharing your heart.
Post a Comment