Do you have a meal that you love to make? That your family loves and you make all the time? At our house we do! About once a week we make chicken fingers, mashed potatoes and green beans with honey mustard and barbecue dipping sauces. It is SO yummy!
First we make the chicken fingers:
1. Buy chicken breast at the grocery store (thankfully we can buy some frozen meat here. The packages only come in one weight (a little over 1 lb).
2. Cut it into long strips.
3. Dip strips first into eggs and then into some flour with some Italian seasoning in it to coat the entire outside.
4. Pour about 1/2 inch of vegetable oil into a frying pan.
5. Fry chicken one side at a time (about 4 minutes each side. Don't make the oil too hot or the outside will burn before the inside is cooked).
6. Lay chicken on paper towels to absorb extra grease.
Then we mash the potatoes and cook the green beans. Did I mention I LOVE the pressure cooker these days??? The pressure cooker makes AMAZING green beans in no time at all.
Delicious Green beans in the pressure cooker:
1. Cut fresh green beans
2. Add to pressure cooker
3. Cover beans with water about an inch above the beans.
4. Add garlic powder, dried minced onion, salt and pepper to taste.
5. Close pressure cooker and cook on high heat
6. You have to wait until the pressure cooker "sounds" 4 times (about 15 minutes)
7. If you want the green beans to be REALLY tasty then add some butter (we usually eat them without the butter but either way, they taste great)
The barbecue sauce we actually can buy here imported at our grocery store but we make the honey mustard from scratch.
Delicious honey mustard recipe:
(I actually just guess at the amounts of each but I will try to give you a better guide here)
1/4 cup mayo
1/4 cup yellow mustard
1/4 cup honey
1 tsp white vinegar
pepper to taste
Simply mix all ingredients together.
I'd love to hear about your favorite meals and how you make them. In Nepal you have to cook most everything from scratch. It has been a challenge by through it I am LEARNING to be a better cook and I love it. I am excited that I get to eat my favorite dinner in just about 3 hours!!!
Summer Ministry
3 weeks ago

No comments:
Post a Comment