Saturday, September 12, 2009

Chicken Panini Recipe


After my last post on Meal Planning, one of my friends asked for the Chicken Panini recipe. Well, I don't really have a recipe but I made them the other night for dinner and they were delicious so I will try and explain them below:

Chicken Breast sliced long and thin
Spinach
Tomatoes
Your favorite cheese
Honey mustard dressing
A good, fresh bread

I grilled the chicken and used a little chicken seasoning, salt and pepper. Then I sauteed the spinach with onion, garlic and salt and pepper. Then I made the light honey mustard (light mayo, yellow mustard, honey, vinegar, salt and pepper). I then got out my grill pan (since I don't have a panini maker) and I brushed honey mustard on a bread slice and laid it in the grill pan. I then added the tomato, spinach, chicken and cheese. I then brushed honey mustard on the second piece of bread and then topped the sandwich with it. I used a plate and a large heavy bowl to put pressure on the sandwiches as they grilled so they could "smoosh" together in a more panini style. I served them with baked french fries on the side and they were hot and delicious! Enjoy!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Thanks. This sounds great!!! I'm a huge honey mustard fan (one year I got a bunch of honey mustard packets as my Christmas stocking stuffer - haha!) and I miss it when we are in South Asia. Now I can make it myself. Woohoo!