Saturday, August 15, 2009

Praying for our children...days 8-13

Oh the excuses I can give as to why I am posting this so late...but I will refrain and simply say...sorry. I hope that you can "catch up" while I do here!

Day 8: Mercy "May my children always 'be merciful, as [their] Father in heaven is merciful'".
Luke 6:36

Day 9: Respect (for self, others, authority) "Father, grant that my children may 'show proper respect to everyone, 'as your Word commands"

1 Peter 2:17a

Day 10: Strong, Biblical self-esteem "Help my children develop a strong self-esteem that is rooted in the realization that they are 'God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus"

Ephesians 2:10

Day 11: Faithfulness "Let love and faithfulness never leave [my children],' but bind these twin virtues around their necks and write them on the tablet of their hearts"

Proverbs 3:3

Day 12: Courage "May my children always 'Be strong and courageous' in their character and in their actions"

Deuteronomy 31:6

Day 13: Purity "Create in [my children] a pure heart, O God,' and let their purity of heart be shown in their actions"
Psalm 51:10

No comments: