Friday, May 29, 2009

Milk


This is a picture of the box of milk that we drink here. It does not have to be refrigerated before opening. It costs about $1 a box and the babies drink one box a day...a half a box in the morning and a half a box in the evening!

We are back in Kathmandu and one of my biggest fears before arriving was that Keane and Gracie would not like the boxed milk that we get here after having milk from America for a few months. I was so concerned about the transition. Although the milk is completely safe to drink and isn't that bad, Ryan and I definitely like American milk better and think that the boxed milk tastes so different. I am SO thankful and happy to report that they LOVE the boxed milk...maybe even more than milk from America. They chug it down and always want more! I am so thankful that God answered my prayer!

As you can see from these next few pictures...one morning Keane and Gracie decided to have a little fun with their milk while I wasn't looking. I had my back turned cooking breakfast and Ryan was taking a shower. When he came out of the shower all I heard was, "How in the world???" and he was laughing. I turned around and saw my two COVERED in milk. I had forgotten to put the stopper into their sippy cups so they were just free flowing and Keane and Gracie took full advantage of it. It was quite a clean up but it made for a great morning laugh!



2 comments:

Shannon said...

Adorable, even though you had to clean it up. So glad you made it safely!

SouthAsiaRocks said...

haha! That is hilarious! I love how they did it as a "team effort". They are too cute! I can't wait to see them soon!!