Monday, October 27, 2008

Baby Food




One of the wonderful benefits of living in Nepal is the fresh produce and its amazing prices. The produce is literally pulled out of someones field or garden and sold that day. That doesn't mean it is clean...we have to soak it in iodine for 20 minutes and wash it in filtered water (not much in Kathmandu is clean) but it does mean that I can make some great baby food for CHEAP! I have college aged girl that helps me around the house during the week and she cleans and boils up the veggies and I blend them up and put them in the ice cube trays for perfect easy portions. We only have to do this once every two weeks or so. So, what do we pay for these delectable baby treats?

2.2 lbs of green beans - $.50

2.2 lbs of potatoes - $.30

4.5 lbs of apples - $2.50

3 lb pumpkin - $.40

Total for 2 weeks worth of baby food: $3.70

1 comment:

SouthAsiaRocks said...

yum! While being in America I'm still making my own baby food! It's sooooo much cheaper!!!!!!!