Sunday, September 28, 2008

Refreshed...

Today has been a wonderful day. The best word that I can use to describe my feelings right now is refreshed. I feel this way because...

1. My husband is home with me and it is wonderful. I love sharing my life with him and life is much more fun and relaxing when he is with me.
2. It is the weekend and we have been able to spend some time relaxing as a family before jumping into a very busy week.
3. Our Internet is working SO well these days and so this morning we were able to talk to Ryan's parents on Skype AND use the web cams at the same time (I was also able to talk to my parents and use the web cam with them a couple of days ago). It was refreshing to see them and to have them see the babies and all the new things they are doing these days.
4. We had a family worship time this morning and listened to a sermon from pastor, J.D. Greear, from our home church, The Summit, online. His current series is titled, "Why I am not a Christian: 7 common objections to Christianity." It is really awesome! If you are interested in getting J.D.'s weekly pod casts click here.
5. Ryan stayed home with the babies so that I could go to the hotel across the street and have some time away for a few hours this afternoon. I was able to exercise, lay out by the pool and spend some time at the beauty parlor getting my eyebrows threaded and a head massage while they washed my hair...SO relaxing.
6. While I was exercising today working on completing week 5 of my c25k running program I ran for 20 minutes (about 2 1/2 miles) straight! It is a huge accomplishment for me. Now I am officially half way through my program and have 4 1/2 more weeks to work up to running for 30 minutes straight. Hopefully I can do it sooner than that!
7. The weather was so beautiful this morning which enabled me to go and sit by the pool but now that I am finished with that I am home and the rain clouds have drifted in and we are having a full blown Sunday afternoon thunderstorm. The cool air is blowing through the screen door. Keane is taking a nap. Gracie is about to go down for hers. I am blogging. Ryan is watching a movie. Relaxing.

Refreshed. Ready to start my week...(after a few more hours of a wonderful Sunday that is).

2 comments:

kd said...

What is that running program you are talking about? Good job by the way!

Parker Family said...

Kim-
It is a running program called couch25k. http://www.c25k.com/ I LOVE it. It has been awesome. I hope you are doing well. I love checking out your blogs too. We are going to be in America in just 28 days for our stateside assignment...we are so excited. Hope you are doing well.
Kristin