Monday, August 25, 2008

What's for dinner?

Tonight I tried a new recipe. It was really good. I found it on http://www.betterrecipes.com/ and modified it a bit. If you are looking for a good chicken stir-fry you should try this one out. It is really simple (especially if you use pre-cut veggies (which we don't have here but I have a wonderful girl who helps me in my home so that makes cooking (and living) in South Asia much more do-able so she helps me with the prep work for cooking). Here it is:

What you will need:
Olive Oil (I like Extra Virgin)
Green beans or Broccoli, cut into bite size pieces (200 grams or 1 16 oz bag frozen)
Carrots, cut long and thin 3 large (or 1 16 oz bag frozen)
Onions, 2 sliced thin
Garlic, 3 cloves
1 cup sliced pineapple
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup pineapple juice
1 lb chicken breasts cut into bite size pieces
1/4 cup water with 2 tsp corn starch
salt and pepper to taste
Cooked Rice (white or brown)

How you make it:
Turn stove to medium heat. Add a little oil to the pan. Add veggies and cook 10 minutes or until tender. Remove from pan and set aside. Add a little more oil to the pan. Add chicken, garlic, soy sauce, pineapple juice and salt and pepper. Simmer 10 minutes. Add veggies, water and corn starch mixture. Turn down heat and simmer 4 minutes or until sauce thickens. Add pineapple. Serve over rice.

Enjoy!

Did you try it? How did you like it? Did you modify it at all? I would love to hear from you and hear about some of your favorite recipes!

No comments: